Spitfire Mk IIa (P7350):
P7350 was built at Castle Bromwich and entering service in 1940 when she took part in the Battle of Britain.
Since June 2017, P7350's port side is now marked up as QJ-G, representing Geoffrey Wellum's 92 squadron spitfire and the starboard side is marked up as QV-E, to commemorate Ken Wilkinson and his 19 squadron spitfire.
Spitfire Mk Vb (AB910):
AB910 was built at Castle Bromwich and came off the production line in August 1941. A WAAF Groundcrew who had tailridden this aircraft, which was standard practice while taxi-ing to the end of the runway, was about to dismount when the pilot took off. The pilot did a circuit and then landed because of handling difficulties only to find the WAAF still clinging to the tail of the aircraft.
It is now painted in the colour scheme of a 64 Squadron Spitfire at the time of 'D-Day,' with full invasion stripes.
Spitfire Mk LFIXe (MK356):
MK356 was built at Castle Bromwich in 1944. This Spifire has claimed a 1/2 kill against an Me-109. She was aquired by the BBMF in November 1997 and this was the first time she had flown since 1944.
Spitfire MK356 is now painted to represent Spitfire Mk IXc ML214, coded '5J-K', the personal aircraft of Squadron Leader 'Johnny' Plagis, the Commanding Officer of No 126 Squadron from July 1944.
Spitfire Mk XIX (PM631):
Built in November 1945 as a high altitude photo reconnaissance aircraft with a Griffon 66 engine and pressurised cockpit, PM631 was delivered to the RAF in 1946 so she was to late to see any operational service. This is the BBMF's longest serving aircraft.
PM631 is presented as a PR XIX of No 541 Squadron which performed photographic reconnaissance missions over the Europe from early 1944 to the end of the war.
Spitfire Mk XIX (PS915):
PS915 was just too late for the war, joining 541 Squadron at Benson in June 1945 before moving to the PR Development Unit to take part in tests of new cameras. In 1957, PS915 became a founder member of the Historic Aircraft Flight, the forerunner of the BBMF, but was quickly retired to gate-guardian duties. She re-joined the BBMF in 1987 after being modified to take an ex-Shackleton Griffon 58 engine and refurbished to flying condition by British Aerospace (Warton Division).
Spitfire PS915 wears the colours of one of Ted Powles Mk.XIX Spitfires.
Spitfire Mk XVIe (TE311):
Spitfire TE311 is a low-back/bubble-canopy Mk XVI with 'clipped' wingtips. Some 58 years after it last flew, TE311 was put back in the air in 2012, having undergone a painstaking re-build to flying condition by BBMF technicians, which was started in October 2001.
TE311 is currently painted as Spitfire XVI TB675 '4D-V', the aircraft of Squadron Leader Tony Reeves DFC, who was the Commanding Officer of No 74 Squadron from the end of December 1944.