Abingdon Air & Country Show 2021 Press Release
Saturday 12th June 2021 will see the Air & Country Show at Abingdon Airfield return after a year away due to COVID.
An afternoon Flying Display program will feature old and new, aswell as a mix of Ground attractions and Static aircraft displays. Below is the first and only event update this side of Christmas to get the ball rolling on whats being planned.
The 2021 show will be an all ticket event and will comply with the latest government guidelines,consulting with Public Health England and local Authorities as planning is ongoing. We aim to provide a COVID secure event and adapt the show accordingly to help us stage this annual show.
Tickets will go on sale in the New Year, initially online via our website. Please remember you cannot gain access to the show unless you purchase a ticket. The reason is to save lots of cash handling.
Traders / Exhibitors / Crafts and Classic Vehicle forms will be online by mid November 2020, Aircraft Fly In participant forms will be online in the New Year with limited slots available.
• World War Two types: P51 Mustang, Harvard.
• Aerobatic Teams: The Blades (flown by ex Red Arrows Pilots).
• Aerobatic Solo: Muscle Pitts with the car race.
• Historic types: The Historic Army Aircraft Flight (Beaver, Auster, Sioux, Scout), Wasp helicopter, Wessex helicopter, Auster & Chipmunk "Gipsy Pair".
All the above aircraft will be on static display too. Any military aircraft allocated will be made known in around March 2021 but our fingers are crossed and a reason why Neil (Main Event Organiser) has moved the show to June.
• World War Two types: Catalina Flying boat, Hawker Hurricane, Boeing Stearman.
• Classic types: Allouette II helicopter, Wasp helicopter, Sea King helicopter.
• General Aviation types: Up to 70 various aircraft.
World War Two Re-enactors, Classic vehicles & motorcycles, Solent Stars Motorcycle Display Team, Hawkwalk Falconry Display, Radio Controlled Classic Jets (will fly too!), Radio Days Big Band, Buccaneer jet cockpit (TBAG), Wallingford Dog Training Club, Chipmunk trainer cockpit, Motorcycle Club with an array of various Motorcycles, Adventure 001 Helicopter Pleasure Flights.
Next update will be in the early New Year - stay safe everyone and look forward to putting on a safe show for the community and wider audience. Please share around to whoever you wish.